The FT Alpha was designed and created by FT STEM students to showcase the Engineering and Design Learning Strand of our curriculum, Click here for more info. Proceeds of this project along with all the STEM Series aircraft will go towards supporting schools take flight using FT STEM.
The Alpha was designed to be a quick and easy to fly build, an all-around best performer out of the Triad series. The FT Alpha is compatible with the FT Bravo and FT Charlie kits. Each airplanes’ wings are built to be removable from the fuselage, and can be swapped with any of the other Triad planes, giving the builder essentially 9 planes to choose from.
The Swapping Of Wings Takes Less Than A Minute And Is Supported By Rubber Bands!
There is no need to re-calibrate the center of gravity on the aircraft after swapping, the CG remains the same no matter what combination you configure. This is great for the flight line and swapping with others, making it an enjoyable experience for all.
We want you to have an amazing experience both in building and flying. This kit comes with everything you need to complete the FT Alpha Aircraft. Push-rods, control horns, firewalls and all other items needed to make this airframe electronics ready are included in the kit. If you choose to purchase our power pack F and battery, balance, flight performance and assembly will be quick and easy.
FT Alpha Airplane Kit Includes:
- 1 FT Alpha Foam Kit
- 1 Velcro
- 2 16.5" Pushrods
- 2 Skewers
- 2 Rubber Bands
- 2 Zip Ties
- 1 Mini Firewall/Control Horn Combo
- 1 Alpha Decal Sheet
- 1 Stem Data Sheet
- 1 Combo Sticker Pack
FT Alpha Airplane Specs:
- Weight Without Battery: 8.1 oz (230 g)
- Center Of Gravity: 14 inches (355 mm) from the nose
- Control Surface Throws: 16 degree deflection/ Expo 30% (increase based on skill)
- Wingspan: 24 inches (609 mm)
- Recommended Motor:2300 kv 2204 size motor
- Recommended Prop: 6.45 CW Reverse Prop
- Recommended ESC: 12 amp minimum
- Recommended Battery: 850 MAH 3S
- Recommended Servos: 2x 5 gram servos